Search Open Jobs
Edit your Application
View Application History
Region Front End Lead and Trainer - Food Lion
Full/Part Time Status
Store #10504 -- Salisbury
2110 Executive Drive
Jacksonville New Bern Region
Job Title: District Front End Lead and Trainer
Responsible for achieving and maintaining extraordinary customer service by managing customer service in all departments to build sales and achieve business goals while fostering an environment that produces high levels of customer and associate satisfaction and morale while operating the Front End according to the Front End Standard Practice Manual and in compliance of policies, security measures and regulations of Food Lion. Maximize sales by providing extraordinary customer service and minimize shrink through proper utilization of Standard Practices. Serve as a role model for customer service and other vital behaviors and instill this value in all associates. Assist other store management to ensure Food Lion customer service standards are met and operating the total store in compliance with the policies, standards, measures and regulations of Food Lion in the absence of other store management personnel. Manage store Front End. Directly responsible for supervision of Assistant Customer Service Sales Manager, Sales Associate, Service Associate, Front End Sales Assistant, and (in stores where applicable) Service Center Associate within assigned store. Manage operation of assigned store and is responsible for providing direction and instruction to all store associates in the absence of the Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager or District Dry Lead and Trainer (ASM). Act as the ambassador of extraordinary customer service for the total store. Engage and interact with customers to create a positive shopping experience. Able to supervise a fast paced environment and multiple functions for extended periods of time during a scheduled shift. Have a complete understanding of scheduling, sales, projections, wage percents, interviewing, hiring, training, company information, Front End procedures, MVP procedures, Alcohol and Tobacco procedures, Western Union, Money Orders, Self Checkouts (where applicable), Coinstar and other items deemed necessary to mange Customer Service and Front End operations. Maintain an efficient and productive Front End operation. Interview and hire all Front End associates. Personally train or supervise new Front End associates. Maintain proper knowledge of all Sales Associate functions including voids, check approval, alcohol and tobacco, refunds, rain checks, overrides, MVP, reports, register functions, EBT, EFT and pin pads. Adhere to all company guidelines, policies and standard practices.
District Front End Lead and Trainer specific leadership, training and technical skills include:
• Is the district resource for technical training.
• Demonstrates expertise in technical areas related to the specific job function.
• Demonstrates expertise with department Standard Practices.
• Trains current/future associates and MODs to follow Standard Practice, company
policies, and procedures.
• Promotes an active selling culture within a district.
• Serves as a facilitator in group sessions (i.e. conference calls, district meetings,
• Serves as a resource for implementation of new training material, training aids,
and Standard Practice updates within a district.
• Supports future store openings or acquisitions within a district by ensuring proper
training of new associates.
• Meets and communicates (minimum once per period) with District Leadership
• Analyzes specific financial and other related reports to influence positive district
• Serves as a district mentor for current and future associates.
• Promotes a thriving High Performance Career Development (HPCD) Program within a district, has input on the selection of HPCD candidates for a specific department and ensures proper execution of development plans.
• Role models and promotes a robust and positive training culture in a district.
• Maintains current knowledge of all segmentation within a district.
• Communicates and coordinates with the Regional Talent Development Specialist.
• Assists stores within a district with merchandising opportunities.
• Influences positive results within district.
• Presents a professional demeanor.
• Demonstrates expertise with all Front End Services.
This description is intended to outline the primary responsibilities, general nature and level of work being performed by associate assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and competencies.
• Must be currently performing the Customer Service Sales Manager job
proficiently. Or, must be a Project Team member who proficiently performed the
Customer Service Sales Manager job.
• Must be able to travel to stores within the district.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to analyze situations, identify problems and implement solutions.
• Ability to communicate effectively with associates and customers.
• Ability to effectively supervise the work of other associates.
• Ability to meet productivity standards established by Food Lion.
• Ability to read, write and perform basic math functions.
• Ability to complete all necessary paperwork.
• Ability to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 10 pounds.
• Ability to use the In-Store Computer.
• Ability to rotate and organize products, perform job duties as needed and
complete all necessary paperwork.
• Must have successfully completed Computer Based Training (CBT) and Training
Each applicant must attach or copy and paste in the resume area a written paragraph (200-300 words) to his/her application/bid describing how his/her knowledge, skills and abilities will impact the district. Also, the applicant must briefly describe what makes him/her a great candidate for the District Lead and Trainer role. Contact your Regional Talent Development Specialist if you have additional questions.
Copyright © 2014 Delhaize America - All rights reserved
Legal terms & conditions