Search Open Jobs
Edit your Application
View Application History
Region Dry Lead and Trainer (ASM) - Food Lion
Full/Part Time Status
Store #24248 -- Salisbury
2110 Executive Drive
Job Title: District Dry Lead and Trainer (ASM)
Job Location: South Greenville District
Accountable for the Grocery, Scanning, DSD, Frozen Food/Dairy and Specialty Merchandise Departments in a store. Serve as Manager on Duty (MOD), performing all of the responsibilities of the Store Manager when he or she is not present. Responsible for assisting the Store Manager with the day-to-day operations of the entire store. Serve as a model for customer service and other vital behaviors and instills this value in all associates. Manage and develop associates to ensure adherence to Standard Practices. Provide leadership and motivation within the store to promote a culture reflective of Food Lion’s Guiding Principles, Core Values and Vision. Maximize sales through excellent customer service and minimize shrink through proper utilization of Standard Practices. Directly responsible for supervision of Grocery Sales Manager, Scan Analyst, DSD Receiver, Frozen Food/Dairy Associate, Specialty Merchandise Associate, District Dry Lead and Trainer (Grocery Sales Manager), District Scan Lead and Trainer and District DSD Lead and Trainer. Indirectly responsible for providing direction and instruction to all store associates. Manage operation of assigned store and is responsible for providing direction and instruction to all store associates in the absence of the Store Manager. Hold the Grocery, Frozen Food/Dairy and Specialty Merchandise associates accountable for proper ordering. Train and develop the Grocery, Scanning, DSD, Frozen Food/Dairy and Specialty Merchandise associates to be self-sufficient and achieve productivity expectations. Ensure that Grocery, Scanning, DSD, Frozen Food/Dairy and Specialty Merchandise associates understand their role (e.g. what to do when a truck arrives, how to stock the shelves and what to do with re-claim and back-stock) and hold them accountable for performing according to Standard Practices. Ensure aisle conditions and presentation are maintained. Monitor shrink and ensure that inventory and moneys are accounted for; provides coaching for associates to recognize and prevent losses. Fully understand and utilize Average Cost Inventory System (ACIS). Ensure store conditions, customer service and satisfaction, product quality, freshness, availability, variety and execution of all policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations. Ensure that staffing schedules across departments meet the business needs. Ensure proper inventory preparation and accurate counts. Provide ongoing performance management training and conducts timely formal performance appraisals for direct reports. Interact constantly with associates; ensure associates understand Food Lion’s expectations and have the tools and training to be successful. Adhere to all company guidelines, policies and standard practices.
District Dry Lead and Trainer (ASM) specific leadership, training and technical skills include:
• Is the district resource for technical training.
• Demonstrates expertise in technical areas related to the specific job function.
• Demonstrates expertise with department Standard Practices.
• Trains current/future associates and MODs to follow Standard Practice, company
policies, and procedures.
• Promotes an active selling culture within a district.
• Serves as a facilitator in group sessions (i.e. conference calls, district meetings,
• Serves as a resource for implementation of new training material, training aids,
and Standard Practice updates within a district.
• Supports future store openings or acquisitions within a district by ensuring proper
training of new associates.
• Meets and communicates (minimum once per period) with District Leadership
• Analyzes specific financial and other related reports to influence positive district
• Serves as a district mentor for current and future associates.
• Promotes a thriving High Performance Career Development (HPCD) Program within a district, has input on the selection of HPCD candidates for a specific department and ensures proper executuion of development plans.
• Role models and promotes a robust and positive training culture in a district.
• Maintains current knowledge of all segmentation within a district.
• Communicates and coordinates with the Regional Talent Development Specialist.
• Influences positive results within a district.
• Presents professional demeanor.
• Assist stores within a district with merchandising opportunities.
This description is intended to outline the primary responsibilities, general nature and level of work being performed by associate assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and competencies.
• Must be currently performing the Assistant Store Manager job proficiently. Or,
must be a Project Team member who proficiently performed the Assistant Store
• Must be able to travel to stores within the district.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Team Leadership.
• People Management.
• Results Oriented.
• Planning, Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving.
• Cross-Organizational Coordination.
• Decision Making.
• Flexibility and Leading Change.
• Broad Operational Knowledge.
• Customer Oriented.
• Market Knowledge.
• Asset Utilization and Cost Control.
• Ability to rotate and organize products, perform job duties as needed and
complete necessary paperwork.
• Must have successfully completed Computer Based Training (CBT) and Training
Each applicant must attach or copy and paste in the resume area a written paragraph (200-300 words) to his/her application/bid describing how his/her knowledge, skills and abilities will impact the district. Also, the applicant must briefly describe what makes him/her a great candidate for the District Lead and Trainer role. Contact your Regional Talent Development Specialist if you have additional questions.
Copyright © 2014 Delhaize America - All rights reserved
Legal terms & conditions