Search Open Jobs
Edit your Application
View Application History
Region Deli/Bakery Lead and Trainer - Food Lion
Full/Part Time Status
Store #24248 -- Salisbury
2110 Executive Drive
Job Title: District Deli/Bakery Lead and Trainer
Job Location: Greenville North District
Ensure that Food Lion service standards are met. Responsible for sales, profits and associates of the Deli/Bakery Department. Responsible for maintaining standards according to the Deli/Bakery Standard Practice Manual, maximizing sales by providing extraordinary customer service and minimizing shrink through proper utilization of Standard Practices. Serve as a role model for customer service and other vital behaviors, and instill this value in all associates. Manage store Deli/Bakery Department. Directly responsible for supervision of Deli/Bakery Associates, Bakers, Cooks and Cake Decorators within assigned store. Accountable for the profitability of the store Deli/Bakery Department. Effectively maintain department operating figures, gross profit, shrink, wage percent and supply cost to Food Lion standards. Develop and maintain a friendly selling approach to customers by all Deli/Bakery associates. Engage and interact with customers to create a positive shopping experience. Ensure that ordering, receiving, preparation, conditioning and displaying of merchandise is done in accordance with Food Lion policy. Ensure that all merchandise is properly rotated at all times. Maintain a clean and sanitary department at all times. Develop and maintain a competent, enthusiastic and courteous department organization through training, supervision, delegation of responsibilities and follows-up on work assignments. Take inventory of department merchandise as needed and conducts he physical inventory of all product on hand each period. Know how to effectively use the In-Store Computer and scan system. Ensure proper maintenance, care and use of all Deli/Bakery Department equipment and property. Find more efficient ways to do the job and seek to reduce costs and improve labor productivity. Due to scheduling or heavy flow of customers, will need to perform duties of a Deli/Bakery Associate from time to time. Understand, follow and teach all pertinent Food Safety guidelines, procedures and requirements. Provide ongoing performance management training and conduct timely formal performance appraisals for direct reports. Train and supervise all associates in the Deli/Bakery Department. Continually review current Standard Practices to ensure proper Standard Practice execution. Adhere to all company guidelines, policies and standard practices.
District Deli/Bakery Lead and Trainer specific leadership, training and technical skills include:
• Is the district resource for technical training.
• Demonstrates expertise in technical areas related to the specific job function.
• Demonstrates expertise with department Standard Practices.
• Trains current/future associates and MODs to follow Standard Practice, company
policies, and procedures.
• Promotes an active selling culture within a district.
• Serves as a facilitator in group sessions (i.e. conference calls, district meetings,
• Serves as a resource for implementation of new training material, training aids,
and Standard Practice updates within a district.
• Supports future store openings or acquisitions within a district by ensuring proper
training of new associates.
• Meets and communicates (minimum once per period) with District Leadership
• Analyzes specific financial and other related reports to influence positive district
• Serves as a district mentor for current and future associates.
• Promotes a thriving High Performance Career Development (HPCD) Program within a district, has input on the selection of HPCD candidates for a specific department and ensures proper execution of development plans.
• Role models and promotes a robust and positive training culture in a district.
• Maintains current knowledge of all segmentation within a district.
• Communicates and coordinates with the Regional Talent Development Specialist.
• Assist stores within a district with merchandising opportunities.
• Influences positive results within district.
• Presents professional demeanor.
This description is intended to outline the primary responsibilities, general nature and level of work being performed by associate assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and competencies.
• Must be currently performing the Deli/Bakery Sales Manager job proficiently. Or,
must be a Project Team member who proficiently performed the Deli/Bakery
Sales Manager job.
• Must be able to travel to stores within the district.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Technical skills in all areas of preparation and handling of Deli/Bakery product in
compliance with Food Lion standards.
• Ability to communicate and direct associates of department in order to achieve
• Ability to analyze situations, identify problems and implement solutions.
• Ability to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 25 pounds.
• Ability to break down and reassemble all equipment in the department for
• Ability to push or pull up to 1,350 pounds using a pallet jack.
• Ability to meet production standards established by Food Lion.
• Ability to weigh, price, label, organize and rotate products, perform job duties as
needed and complete necessary paperwork.
• Must understand and be able to teach all required paperwork.
• Must have successfully completed Computer Based Training and (CBT) and
Training Aid courses.
Each applicant must attach or copy and paste in the resume area a written paragraph (200-300 words) to his/her application/bid describing how his/her knowledge, skills and abilities will impact the district. Also, the applicant must briefly describe what makes him/her a great candidate for the District Lead and Trainer role. Contact your Regional Talent Development Specialist if you have additional questions.
Copyright © 2015 Delhaize America - All rights reserved
Legal terms & conditions