Search Open Jobs
Edit your Application
View Application History
Region DSD Lead and Trainer - Food Lion
Full/Part Time Status
Store #10504 -- Salisbury
2110 Executive Drive
Greenville Suffolk Region
Job Title: District DSD Lead and Trainer
Ensure the proper receiving of Direct Store Delivery (DSD) product by following the policies and procedures set forth by Food Lion. Responsible for maintaining policies, procedures and grocery standard practices, maximizing sales through excellent customer service and minimizing shrink through proper utilization of standard practices. Responsible for protecting company assets through the proper and accurate receipt and return of DSD product within assigned store. Ensure correct counts are recorded, which involves comparing, identifying/verifying information such as counts, weights, or measures of “actual” product being received or returned against vendor Delivery or Return invoice, being sure to mark any differences. Demonstrate and execute proper vendor receiving policies established by Food Lion. Follow company policy and standard practice when handling DSD deliveries or pickups. Engage and interact with customers to create a positive shopping experience. Participate in the weekly store business meeting. Comply with scheduling and policy standards. Provide courteous service to vendors and customers. Find more efficient ways to do the job and seek to reduce costs. Adhere to all company guidelines, policies and standard practices.
District DSD Lead and Trainer specific leadership, training and technical skills include:
• Is the district resource for technical training.
• Demonstrates expertise in technical areas related to the specific job function.
• Demonstrates expertise with department Standard Practices.
• Trains current/future associates and MODs to follow Standard Practice, company
policies, and procedures.
• Promotes an active selling culture within a district.
• Serves as a facilitator in group sessions (i.e. conference calls, district meetings,
• Serves as a resource for implementation of new training material, training aids,
and Standard Practice updates within a district.
• Supports future store openings or acquisitions within a district by ensuring proper
training of new associates.
• Meets and communicates (minimum once per period) with District Leadership
• Analyzes specific financial and other related reports to influence positive district
• Serves as a district mentor for current and future associates.
• Promotes a thriving High Performance Career Development (HPCD) Program within a district, has input on the selection of HPCD candidates for a specific department and ensures proper execution of development plans.
• Role models and promotes a robust and positive training culture in a district.
• Maintains current knowledge of all segmentation within a district.
• Communicates and coordinates with the Regional Talent Development Specialist.
• Influences positive results within district.
• Presents professional demeanor.
• Role models and demonstrates how to create demand and build relationships
with external business partners.
• Assists stores within a district with merchandising opportunities.
This description is intended to outline the primary responsibilities, general nature and level of work being performed by associate assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and competencies.
• Must be currently performing the DSD Receiver job proficiently. Or, must be a
Project Team member who proficiently performed the DSD Receiver job.
• Must be able to travel to stores within the district.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Maturity and willingness to work with vendors to resolve DSD receiving concerns.
• Ability to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 60 pounds as needed.
• Ability to read, write and perform basic math.
• Ability to complete necessary paperwork.
• Ability to analyze situations, identify problems, implement solutions and handle
• Ability to effectively communicate with vendors, associates and customers.
• Ability to use the In-Store Computer, scan system and wireless hand held unit.
• Ability to meet production standards established by Food Lion.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks.
• Must have successfully completed Computer Based Training (CBT) and Training
Each applicant must attach or copy and paste in the resume area a written paragraph (200-300 words) to his/her application/bid describing how his/her knowledge, skills and abilities will impact the district. Also, the applicant must briefly describe what makes him/her a great candidate for the District Lead and Trainer role. Contact your Regional Talent Development Specialist if you have additional questions.
Copyright © 2015 Delhaize America - All rights reserved
Legal terms & conditions